Here is how the fuckers have been robbing me:
- GENERATION CHARGE (PhP/kWh): It increased 21% in January 2010, 16% more in February 2010 and as that wasn't enough it was then increased 14% in March 2010. In April 2010 in was decreased (yes you read that right, DECREASED) 23%. Then up again 2% in May 2010. As of this last bill it is 26% higher that the 2009 average cost.
- How can they increase the rate 21% in January 2010 then drop it 23% in April? They lowered the rate after they received a lot of complaints and bad press.
- DISTRIBUTION CHARGE (Php/kWh): It increased 10% in December 2009 but decreased 11% in January 2010. Then it increased 19% in April 2010 and has remained the same every since. It is 19% more than 2009.
- August 09 and March 2010 consumption is almost the same but in March 2010 I paid 4,396.40 more.
- June 09 and April 2010 consumption is practically the same but in April 2010 I paid 2,498.05 more.
Last I checked we were a third world country. A year and a half ago I lived in Spain, I lived there for 11 years. The electricity there has always been cheaper than here. I didn't do any nerdy spread sheet comparison to dazzle you but I am almost certain that every single electric bill I had was less than any of the Meralco bills I have had since I moved back. And there I had heating I used 24/7 around 5 months of the year plus a dishwasher I used everyday.
What is going on? The only answer I can think of is that they are a bunch of assholes. Every single one of us should write them a serious letter of complaint because they are absolutely in the wrong. The last explanatory letter they sent us in the mail read *Dear Stupid, I'm going to rob more of your money. Sincerely, The Meralco Assholes*. And if you haven't yet join the Facebook Protest Against Meralco Electricity Price Hike.